- Hubballi – Ankola Railway Line Undermines The Ancient Evergreen Forests of Uttara Kannada. Just Over 3,300 sq. km. of evergreen forest have been cleared during the past 50 years. It could send the ecological balance into shambles if 2 lakh more trees will cut for HARP.
- NHRC has delivered a notice to environment ministry on air pollution impacting lifeexpectancy. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) said in a statement explained that air pollution poses a serious threat to human health in India, shortening life expectancy by an average of five years and by 9.7 years for residents of Delhi.
- Ukraine set to face Catastrophic Environmental Costs due to Russia’s Invasion Of Ukraine . Environmental harm caused by Russia’s invasion might haunt Ukraine for years to come. Ukrainians will be facing ground water contamination along with blanket of air pollution caused by the war.
- Queensland govt. gives environmental approval to New Acland coal mine expansion. Australia the biggest exporter of coal will get An open-cut coal mine near Toowoomba. It will not be surprising if an expansion proposal will follow after Queensland’s approval. Environmentalists say this development should be viewed “with dread.”
- New study finds Viruses survive in freshwater by ‘hitchhiking’ on plastic.
Researchers discovered that hazardous viruses may hitch a ride on plastic in fresh water for up to three days and remain contagious.
- Over 10% of all cancer cases in Europe are attributable to exposure to air pollution, second-hand smoking, radon, UV radiation, certain chemicals, and other contaminants, according to a EEA report. The good news is that these dangers can be avoided.
Weekly News – Ukraine Environment, Queensland’s New Coalmine, Viruses Hitchhiking On Plastic & More
Latest from Blog
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is urging residents of Scottsdale to be on the lookout
A newly discovered phenomenon affecting the sea floor of the North American continental shelves & other
Space weather forecasters were surprised to witness the most powerful solar storm hitting the Earth on
Tesla’s Model 3 outranked electric car sales in the United States in the 2022 year, and
Artur Davoyan, the aerospace engineer from the University of California, Los Angeles, recently proposed a pellet-beam
Ford has assured plans to develop an all-new electric pickup at the new BlueOval City manufacturing
Yosemite National Park was closed on 25 February due to severe storms and snow accumulation, which
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman agreed to a bug in ChatGPT which allowed some users to see
The governor of New Mexico, Michelle Lujan Grisham signed two bills to invest in wildlife conservation
Mr. Pickles, is a 90-year-old radiated tortoise and recently became a father to three hatchlings with
Microsoft has decided to buy carbon removal credits from CarbonCapture, a Los Angeles-based startup. CarbonCapture is
The tech giant, Google, has debuted Bard AI, a competitor to OpenAI’s ChatGPT, and is now
Co-founder of Microsoft and a leading advocate for technological advancement, Bill Gates, has recently challenged OpenAI
UK scientists have proposed a new experiment to make a traversable wormhole using counterportation, a concept
Relativity Space’s 3D-printed rocket failed three minutes into its debut flight, falling far short of orbit.
A Kuaizhou 1A carrier rocket was launched by China Aerospace Science and Industry Corp from Jiuquan
Space Pioneer has announced new funding & will soon attempt to become China’s first privately-funded company
Musk’s Boring Company plans to discharge almost 142,000 gallons of wastewater into the Colorado River and
NASA has selected Firefly Aerospace to design a commercial lander for the far side of the
California citizens are bracing chaos and devastation caused by the recent snow and torrential rains, which